Shell on Friday opened its new major technology hub in Bengaluru – a 52 acre, custom built technology centre – that can house up to 1,500 experts, who would collaboratively work on worldwide innovative energy projects.
Shell employs 4000 people in India. Read about our projects and sites around the country.
- Hazira LNG receiving and re-gasification terminal in Gujarat with capacity of 5 mtpa
- Proposed FSRU project at Kakinada with APGDC, Engie and Shell as partners
- Post combination with BG, Shell acquires stake in PMT-JV between BG (30%), ONGC(40%) and Reliance (30%)
- MGL – JV between BG (49.75%), GAIL (49.75%) and Govt. of Maharashtra
- MGL- Post IPO equity interest to reduce to 32.5%
- With a network of about 250 distributors and a lubricant oil blending plant at Taloja, Shell Lubricants India sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications such as consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, mining, power generation and general engineering.
- Only international company to be granted approval to retail fuel in India till date; license of 2000 retail outlet; currently operations ~80
- Aviation joint venture between Shell and MRPL currently serving
- Third Shell Global Centre for Innovation & Technology in Bangalore, the other two being in Houston and Amsterdam.
- Financial Business Operations in Chennai with 2000+ staff
- An in-house global IT centre setup in Bangalore, which is expected to provide employment opportunities to several thousand IT professionals by 2020